Who we are
Our website address is: https://theaudiobookreview.com
Your privacy is important to us. At The Audiobook Review, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We will never request personal information outside of what is necessary to provide this website service.
- We do not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We do not store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of our services.
It is The Audiobook Review’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Like most website operators, The Audiobook Review collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The Audiobook Review’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use our website. From time to time, The Audiobook Review may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
The Audiobook Review also collects potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments and/or reviews. The Audiobook Review only discloses logged-in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to The Audiobook Review’s website choose to interact with our site in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that The Audiobook Review gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, depending on user preferences, users may be asked to provide a name and email address when submitting a review. In each case, The Audiobook Review collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with The Audiobook Review. The Audiobook Review does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
The Audiobook Review may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. For instance, The Audiobook Review may monitor the most popular pages or reviews on the site. The Audiobook Review may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, The Audiobook Review does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
The Audiobook Review discloses potentially personally-identifying information only to those of its contributors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on The Audiobook Review’s behalf or to provide services available at The Audiobook Review’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those contributors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using The Audiobook Review’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. The Audiobook Review will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying information to anyone. If you are a registered user of The Audiobook Review website and have supplied your email address, The Audiobook Review may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with The Audiobook Review and our content. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish its content in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. The Audiobook Review takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying.
Comments & Reviews
Comments and other content submitted to our comment services are subject to their terms and conditions. Inflammatory, abusive, or vulgar comments and/or reviews will be removed at the administrator’s discretion. It is important to note the content within any comment is considered public, and therefore not private. Trolling or other undesirable types of interaction will not be tolerated. In short, we believe in the maxim “Don’t be a Jerk”. If, at our discretion and in our opinion, we believe someone is being a jerk, we reserve the right to restrict or remove their access from our site.
Book Submission Policy
Submitting your book(s) for inclusion on our site does not guarantee your book will be reviewed. We have no control over which books our users choose to listen to and post reviews for. Reviews are based solely on the individual reviewer’s personal opinion and interpretation and as a result of listening to your audiobook. We can not guarantee whether it will be positive or negative. Reviews will be published regardless of if it is a positive or negative review; no matter what they will be honest.
We will not remove reviews simply because you disagree with the reviewer’s opinion or believe they misunderstood your work.
Content found on The Audiobook Review belongs to The Audiobook Review. You do not have permission to take material from The Audiobook Review and publish it elsewhere without permission.
The following can be done:
- You may publish a quote of 150 words or less from reviews/articles with a link to the original piece on The Audiobook Review. Credit must be given in a way that makes it obvious that the content is not your own. The exception being if you wrote the review or article in the first place for publication here on The Audiobook Review.
- You may publish a quote of 150 words or less from reviews/articles with a credit given if you are an author. This can be used on your site (with a link back to The Audiobook Review) or book cover (with a name credit given: The Audiobook Review).
- Written permission will be needed from the administrator(s) of The Audiobook Review in order to republish more than 150 words from The Audiobook Review. If you get written permission, then all links and words must be copied as is with a prominently displayed link to the original piece.
- Full articles/reviews are not permitted to be republished from The Audiobook Review without WRITTEN permission from the administrator(s) of The Audiobook Review and who retains the right to final say on the article before publication.
Promo codes for free downloads of an audiobook are added by the author and/or narrator. We have no control over if they are valid codes or not. If you try to claim a code that Audible reports as invalid, there is nothing we can do about that. Feel free to let us know though, and if someone is abusing the system, we can take steps to stop them.